Once you have made the decision to haveheart valvereplacement surgery,you,along with your surgeon,需要决定什么类型的替换阀最适合你。There are several types of valves currently available for surgeons to use,but there are benefits and downsides to each type.
Your surgeon should help guide you through the decision-making process.重要信息，如年龄，你独特的心和valve condition,性别，怀孕的愿望将在最终决定中发挥作用。
What Is an Artificial Heart Valve Replacement?
人工瓣膜也称为机械心脏瓣膜或人工心脏瓣膜。这是一个人造阀门，and may be composed of plastic,metal,polycarbon and other materials.There are many types and brands available.If you choose an artificial valve,your surgeon may have a personal preference as to which brand is used.
Pros of Artificial Valve Replacement
- Does not wear out,is unlikely to require an additional surgery to replace in the future.
- Very strong.
- Increased risk of endocarditis.
- Requires lifelong use ofblood thinners手术后。
- Increased risk during pregnancy.
- 可能会听到每一次心跳的咔嗒声，which some patients find very annoying.
What Is a Biological Heart Valve Replacement?
A biological heart valve is a heart valve recovered from a donor or created from donor tissue.A cadaveric valve comes from a human donor.Bovine valves are recovered from cows and porcine valves come from pigs.该阀门可能是从供体中回收的实际阀门，or is manufactured from donor tissue such as the pericardium,包围心脏的囊。
Regardless of the source of the valve,once it is recovered,它可以去除任何可能导致你身体排斥瓣膜的活细胞。这些阀门也经过测试，以确保它们足够坚固耐用，可以用于外科手术。undergoing rigorous quality testing.
Pros of Biological Heart Valve Replacement
- A slightly oversized valve may be used in children to accommodate more growth between valve replacement surgeries.
- No blood thinners are typically required after surgery.
- Women of childbearing age (or girls who may want children in the future) will have lower risk when pregnant versus an artificial valve requiring blood thinners.
Cons of Biological Heart Valve Replacement
- Can wear out like a normal heart valve and requires additional surgery to replace when worn out.
- Not as strong as artificial valves.
Hybrid Heart Valve Replacements:
The hybrid valve is an additional type of valve that combines parts of an artificial valve with parts of a biological valve.They vary in widely in the materials they are made of and the type of biological components used,and the pros and cons of each type also differ between brands.Your surgeon is your best source of information if you are considering using this type of valve,as each type is unique.